Monday, August 31, 2015

The flying missionary . . .

What a blessed week! Early on we could see that the blessings were going to come. Luis is a man of 32, who looks seriously like 22. He lives super close to our church, and moved here from Dallas TX.  

He shared with us this last week that he had two choices and he wasnt sure which to chose. He had to either go back to Dallas with his family by the end of August or stay here in Mexico for what was to presumably be a long time. 


He told us he truly felt like God brought him here for a mission or purpose and he didn't feel like he had completed it.  
He is a wonderful guy. His desires to serve and follow Jesus Christ are greater than that of most I have met. He has scriptures posted all over his walls, and the man is just so kind and patient and humble. He accepted baptism like I wish every investigator would haha. Without fear, and with the desire and action following the Saviors example. We were able to enjoy his baptism and later at the end of the week a session of stake conference. 

President Morale's and his wife came. Also an Area 70 member came who was super awesome and interactive! He did the adult and priesthood sessions walking around and gave people mics to answer questions. He was also super funny in the way he taught. I loved it.
Other than that, my companion got transfered, or will be tomorrow so I am super stressed because I don't even know the area yet, or the members very well. But challenges bring greater opportunities for greater learning. 

If things on the mission were easy I wouldn't be learning nor progressing, and there wouldn't be much of a point. So I suppose in a way I am grateful for those "mountains to climb" haha. 


Luis helped us finish the month of August with 5 converts in our area, 9 as a district, 17 as a zone, and 150 something as a mission(I believe). So I am super pumped to tell the truth. Things are going great, and now we have to do better...

Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment