Monday, September 7, 2015

This week was full of great highs and tough lows.


First the pictures with friends are from a meeting we had in Reynosa Thursday. We were there practically all day..and the incapacitation is worth getting to see all of the Elders that I love - haha!
This week we saw changes. In the house two Elders left and my new companion is Elder Funez! From...Honduras!  There are 4 elders from Honduras in this mission, and I have now been with two of them! I love it though, because it gives me a chance to see the differences in culture from other countries. He might just be one of the best companions i have had. Super great in every aspect. He is a convert of 6 years.  His family isn't very active, but he spent a lot of time in church with his branch president and his family. 

Every time I see a young man or woman in church without their family, it reminds me of how MUCH they need support from other adults. My companion is now on the mission because of his church leader and his life will be a million times better for it!  What a blessing for such a small sacrifice on the part of his branch president!!

One thing that is hard is that my companion's family doesn't really write him. He claims it doesn't affect him.  but i know better. It made me undescribly grateful for this first year, for all the loved ones I have that always without fail write me. Their dedicated support and love is something i won't ever forget! I cherish each family member and friend :)
As far as lessons and investigators and such...it was a low, loooow numbers week..but we were once again saved by having our family of 3 come to church for the second time. The mom's name is Santa, plus her 14 year old son Luis, and daughter of 8 (almost nine).  They liked church alot, especially Luis.  This time was way better!

I also got to realize what a blessing it is that I grew up in a condition with the ability to learn to play the piano. I have been playing in this ward ever since I got here..the hymns and prelude music.  And Luis loves the piano! After the church services we go sit at the piano and play and listen and learn. It really is a blessing to have been given the gift, which is 100% from my mother! Love you mom! :D

We also have other investigators that should be in pictures wearing white with us soon. Stay tuned...

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment