Monday, May 30, 2016

Venessa and her mom María Antonia were baptized and I have to say for various reasons it was my favorite baptismal service thus far in the mission.

Mercedes 

Stake President with his daughters :D

Oh, how to begin? The week was just crazy. We worked hard with some investigators. We found Nancy, and oh boy, did she have some things we had to work out! She is progressing, though. With the 2 girls we are teaching they still need more support from their parents, who we haven't been able to teach. If the parents don't progress, it is hard to help the children :/
Gifts from the Stake presidents wife for the musical number


We had the best experience ever with Venessa, the best friend of Janeth that we started teaching a few weeks ago. She has just been great to teach. i think she is the first investigator that takes notes in the lesson pamphlets, to remember better. 
baptism of Venessa and Maria(her mother)
She also started attending seminary while we were preparing her for baptism. Even before her baptism. Her family is progressing, too. They are great people. I hadn't been in a lesson where the family was all attentive to the message and the Spirit was strongly present. This past Sunday Venessa and her mom María Antonia were baptized and I have to say for various reasons it was my favorite baptismal service thus far in the mission. Janeth bore a powerful testimony for being just 1 month in the Church. The Spirit was strong as we sang The Spirit of God and I couldn't help but smile through it all. It was truly an unforgettable experience.
 Juarez families


We taught Frida, janeth and Venessa this week quite a bit. They are progressing excellently. I can only imagine how much good they are going to do in their futures in the Church and the world. 
With the bishops family and another convert family
All of this made the news I received Saturday night quite difficult. I have been transferred to Rio Bravo Condesa. And I am excited to go and learn more and work hard. But I can't express how much I have loved this ward in Juarez. From the Bishop who has just been our best friend through all of my time here, to the stake president's family (our mamá galleta for those who have served in Mexico), to the converts, to the families I have come to know and love. If I had to live in Reynosa, I would find a house in Juarez :D
As we enter into summer, I am happy with and content with the work we have done in Juarez. When I come back in August to say goodbye for good, the ward will be divided which will be wonderful to see as well.



Thanks for all the prayers. I love you and I love what we are doing! 

Elder Smith 
Ward Juarez

Tallest Elder in the mission with Elder Barrios...the shortest Elder in the mission


No comments:

Post a Comment