Monday, April 4, 2016

Well, this week was fabulous! A lot of great things happened.

First, I went to another area Tuesday and stayed the night with the elders in the Ward Airport, which i knew i was going to regret because the last time I went I got sick for a week. Well, again their house was dirty, and I can't talk right now for my throat haha. But, I was able to meet some great people and help the elders' investigators commit themselves to keeping commitments and such. Tuesday in the night time my companion called me from our area and reported that transfers had unexpectantly arrived. Elder Alvarado was changed to another ward here in Reynosa, and I stayed here in Juarez. All the members were shocked about that transfer with the little time he had.  My new companion is Elder Rodriguez, from the state of Mexico, by the city of Mexico. Now every elder is good, and i hate making presumptions from just one week.  But I love this guy. He is just too good of a missionary honestly. He and I are going to have a lot of success, I am sure.

So Elder Alvarado stays for the baptism of Janet, and Elder Rodriguez was already with us. This baptism was special because Janet is an amazing person. She is super intelligent for her age, 16. She had a friend that got baptized in December from another ward.  We started to teach her, and she studied like it was for school haha. She answered the pamplet questions, read everything we gave her, and for that reason she received a fast answer. She loves church, and was ready for baptism. Sadly, her family isn't the greatest of people. Her aunts and uncles basically bullied her about getting close to the Church, and she stood up and said ''I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints'' i was blown away.  

Not just because this was before (she wasn't a member quite yet) but because of her courage and faith! Apart from that she lives 2 days a week with her mom, 2 with her dad and 3 with her grandmother. Her parents are divorced, but through all these trials she has been such a great example to me that every person has to be willing to act and work for their own personal well being and future. After her baptism, she commented something about EFY (yes they do EFY here) and she is going to go in June! What a blessing it has been and is to be a part of the conversion of this daughter of God!
So Saturday and Sunday we passed the time watching conference. The talks were centered on the Temple and the importance of families. I felt the Spirit indicate to me that the questions i have will be answered as I attend the Temple and live worthily, to recieve the promised guidance and blessings. I especially enjoyed the talk by Elder Christforsen about the impoortance of Fathers and their role. I have been blessed with a father that has fufilled those responsibilities and who has helped me be here on the mission. I can't express the gratitude I have for the example and love that my earthly father has given me. I have never doubted him :)  

Sunday we also baptized a little girl that is the cousin of a member of our ward. The parents were okay with everything, and they came to the service, and Jasmine, her name, is also super great. She is a little shy, but learned all the lessons rapidly. All in all the week was very enjoyable. I truly think both of the new members, especially Janet, will one day make fabulous missionaries if the Lord indicates that He needs their service. And if not, they will be great mothers and future leaders of this the Lord's Church.

Love to all, to my family my friends, and thanks for all your prayers and love and support, and letters. I always read them just sometimes i can't respond quite yet. Adios!

Elder Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment