Monday, August 8, 2016

This week passed by - you guessed it - super fast again! And what a superb week.

This week passed by - you guessed it - super fast again! And what a superb week. I had always admired the elders that finished their missions in a successful manner, and I feel overwhelmed and privileged to do the same. I know the Lord has blessed us tremendously, and I feel even more blessed, as if the Lord has permitted me to have these experiences last, as a gift or a blessing for the whole mission. :D
last week..i used these this last week and was impressed at how mother had wrote covenant in spanish!!

Edgar Martinez that Granny and Papa know :D he is the Elders Quorom pres here
Well Antonio will be the first story. He has had such a change in heart, the change that the Scriptures talk about. His participation in lessons has been a factor in his progress. He was baptized Saturday August 6, and he was way more excited than nervous, which isn't always the case. My favorite moments from the lessons were when we taught the Law of Chastity. We talked about taking care of our bodies and such, and my companion invited him directly if he would remove his earring from that day forward. And he did it, and that is just one example of the change that he had made. It is always amazing to see how much fulliled people are, how much happier while learning and living the Gospel. We were invited to a brithday dinner after the baptism of another little girl that was baptized with him and that was enjoyable as well. Congrats to Antonio!

baptism of Guiermo..janets brother!
And the other accomplishment was that of the Eufracio Family. This is Elidia, Rogelio, Enda, Luis, and Josè. They basically made it all happen this last week for us. I am so happy for them and decisions they have made. They are such a special family. First, Tuesday we go to teach them and after their church experience they announce to us that they were going to get married! And they wanted to do it in the following week! Without us even insisting!! And I felt so blessed knowing that this week will be my last. On Thursday we taught the Word of Wisdom and Rogelio hadn't drunken for a weeks and commited himself to live the commandment. And all were officially commited to baptism for this Friday at 6:00pm. And Saturday we couldn't see them because they were at the dentist all afternoon. So the plan was that we were just going to call them Saturday night to assure that they would come to church or if they needed a ride. So the night time comes and I realize my old companion had their number written in his agenda. And it was never saved in the telephone. And our phones are peanuts and there was no way to go back to the last time we had called. So I frantically am looking and asking for the number of my ex comp Elder Adams who was a ghost Saturday night and impossible to find for some reason. It was like 10:40 pm at night and I was super stressed out. When I clearly and distinctly felt the following impression: Look in your previous agenda. 
Something so simple that I hadn't thought of. But I looked for it and literally the first page I open to is the day we found her and I had written Elidia's number as well. I called and confirmed that they would attend church and when I insisted that a sister come pick them up (they have no car) she politely rejected me and explained that she wanted to take the bus. Which bus must be taken at 7:15 am to make it to church in time and also requires a crossing of a busy freeway. So the call just helped me to sleep relaxed and relieved. In church they gave us the good news that they had gone to the marriage offices to start the proccess and were successful. This Friday they will be married before the baptism. Their family is coming as well, from other cities too I believe. And Elidia tells me in church "Last night I told you that we would get to church by ourselves, because no one can give us a ride to salvation, we have to do this ourselves." I was like whoaaaa #jawdrop. You have had like 4 church attendance and have already learned this much? ;D The kids are in love with Primary too. The ward is pretty great as far as teachers and members serving in their callings.

There is much more but emails are long and they don't tell all of the story. I ask you all to pray for us hard this week, especially that the Eufracio family can enjoy the blessing of marraige and baptism in this their road to an eternal life and family!

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment