Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 4 MTC - Art Rascon influence. It's a small world...

So it has been a month. There is a saying here that the days are slow but the weeks fly by. And it really is true as weird as it sounds. Life here at main campus is fairly different. But the schedule is the same. Still class and work. But class this week was really great. We got into some really cool doctrinal stuff. We had a devotional last night by the head of church media. 


So the food here is a million times better. Classes are much closer. We have a real gym rather than concrete. But we have a lot less freedom. 

We went to the temple today which was really great. Oh! And for all who know Art Rascon, I taught his parents. In a mock situation of course. But it was really cool. Twice a week we teach volunteers pretending to be members or investigators. I mean the MTC has a lot more resources than I anticipated. And I walk in there sit down, see Rascon and just ask if their son is Art. When they yes we talk in English for like 10 minutes about who I am and how their son showed our priest quorum around ABC and how awesome I thought it was. And teaching them was cool as well. 

P'day is now Monday with the move. It is a bit intimidating that I ship out in two weeks. I feel completely unprepared haha.  I want to write letters to people I juist hardley have any time. I´ll try to be better. It is inspiring to think there are people that have been prepared for me to find and teach just living and doing daily things right this instant. 
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement, and may God bless you.



No comments:

Post a Comment